Vox AC30 Top Boost Blue Alnico ´63
The flagship of the true vintage Vox, for many the jewel in the crown and simply the best amp you can play with. Originally modified in the 60’s to Top Boost by Vox (JMI) on the rear panel like many were being asked to do at the time by customers.
Also taking into account that for many interpreters the normal channel was more interesting than the Top Boost in this amplifier we give the two options by activating one option to another by means of a push-pull in the normal channel obtaining the best of both worlds.
The vibrato/tremolo originally had a pre-selection of speeds which were changed to a push-pull in which the speed varies as the potentiometer is turned and as if that were not enough, it goes further with the aforementioned push-pull so that so you can select the speed of the desired effect and with all the sound of a completely tube vibrato or tremolo! This way you will get all the juice out of it in our recordings or if you want to use it outside our studio! 😉
Crystal cleans, crystal tones, sounds with a lot of body and character, overdrive with a certain fuzz character. If you combine it with our Boss FA1 or treble booster you can have the basic sound of bands like U2 or Queen.
Used by musicians like Brad Paisley, John Jorgenson, Queen, U2, Rory Gallagher, The Beatles…it’s a must have for pop, brit-pop, power-pop, rock, blues…
- Power: 30 watts
- Three channels with bridgeable high and low sensitivity inputs
- Power Tubes: 4 x EL84 Vintage
- Preamp Valves: 5 x ECC83 Vintage
- Tube Rectification: 1 x GZ34 Mullard Vintage
- 2×12″ Celestion Blue Alnico Pulsonic Speakers
- Normal/Top Boost possibility (activatable by push/pull)
- Tremolo/Vibrato with greater range for effect speed variation compared to the original (activated by push/pull)